"....... Now flames, the blazing fire, must devour the lord of warriors
who often endured the iron tipped arrow shower, when the dark cloud
loosed by bow strings broke above the shield wall, quivering;
when the eager shaft, with its feather garb, discharged its duty to the barb."
Come ye of keen eye and strong arm! The Barony of Skraeling Althing is in search of its next Baronial Archery Champion. Join us for a day of skill and amusement. For those not of archer stock, why not come to the country and enjoy a day in the fresh air to celebrate the melting of the ice and snow.
Watch the archers on the archery range. Bring a blanket or chairs, your lunch, some A&S projects and games. Some activities (like bocce, chess, and backgammon) will be supplied -- as well as some silly games.
Other activities include:
An A&S competition (Enter your best A&S project, either strongly or loosely based on an archery theme).
A bardic competition (Tell a tale or sing a song strongly or loosely based on an archery theme).
An SCA garb & gear trading circle
Here's the day's schedule of activities.
Date: May 31, 2008
Site: Marshall Meadows Farm, 10830 Van Camp Road, Mountain, ON (Map)
Site Open: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Site: $7 (Children five and under free)
$3 non-member surcharge
No feast, however a light lunch and refreshments will be available. No reservations required.
No dogs, please!
Lady Gina Dragoni (Gina Cook)
36 Ipswich Terrace
Kanata, ON K2K 2R4
Please make cheques out to "SCA- Canton of Harrowgate Heath"
From the west ...
* Take your best route to Hwy # 416 and follow it to county Road 43 (formerly Highway #43) at exit 34. This is the exit for both Kemptville and Winchester.
* Turn east towards Winchester and stay on this for about 12 km.
* At County Rd. #1, for South Mountain/Mountain, turn right and travel 2.9 km south on this road (going through the village of Mountain) until you come to Van Camp Road.
* Turn left onto Van Camp Road, and go 2.2 km and the farm will be on the right-hand side
from the east ...
* Take your best route to Hwy #31, and follow it to Winchester.
* At the intersection with traffic lights at Winchester, turn west onto County Road #43 (sign indicates #43 west and Kemptville) and go about 7.5 km.
* Turn left onto Development Road and go 2.7 km.
* Turn right onto Van Camp Road. The farm will be on your left at 1.4 km.
SCA signs will be posted at various points. The name "Buchanan" is on the mailbox.